Extreme Factory Makeover Contest Official Rules
This promotion is intended for play and participation in the States of Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Caroling, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Kentucky (the “Territory”) in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the State of Virginia and the United States. Please do not enter if you do not have production facilities in the Territory.
1. TO ENTER: The contest is open to manufacturers, industrial producers and OEMs with SIC Codes 2000 – 3999 and 4000- 4999 and with manufacturing facilities in the Territory. Contestants may submit their entries here and complete an entry form between November 10, 2016 and April 20, 2017.
In order to be eligible you must submit a story of no more than on thousand (1000) words using the online form. The story should describe how your manufacturing facility within the Territory is working to improve quality, operational efficiency, energy management, asset utilization, workforce optimization, process visualization or compliance and how you would like to use the prize to further your objectives.
All entries become property of InSource Solutions, Inc., the contest sponsor, and will not be returned or acknowledged. The sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information or for late, lost, destroyed, misdirected or incomplete entries, or for computer system or phone line, high-speed data line errors, software, hardware malfunctions or other errors, failures or delays in transmissions that are human or technical in nature.
Only companies with manufacturing facilities within the Territory are eligible. Only one (1) entry is permitted per entering company.
By entering you agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules. Void outside the Territory and where prohibited.
- One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive $45,000 in software from InSource Solutions and Wonderware and services to install and integrate the software.
- The approximate retail value of the Grand prize (ARV) is: $45,000.
Selection of Winner:
The Grand prize will be determined by evaluating the Stories against the selection criteria set forth below. The Story with the highest score will win. If there is a tie, it will be resolved by each member of the 5-person evaluation committee casting a ballot for their top choice. The Story with the highest number of votes will win. The Grand prize winner will be notified on April 27, 2017 by email, a phone call, and a posting on the Sponsor’s homepage.
The entries will be judged by a panel of five (5) representatives from the Sponsor and Wonderware Software Group. The entries will be scored based on how well they respond to the following criteria: (1) the organizational support present at the facility; (2) the existence of the technical infrastructure; (3) the clarity of the story in describing the results to be achieved if the prize is awarded; and (4) the creativity and originality of the submission. Each is further described below.
The winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, execute an InSource Solutions standard Master Services Agreement (“Agreement”) AS-IS and accompanying statement of work (“SOW”) and Wonderware Solutions End User License Agreement (“EULA”) prior to receiving prize. Failure to sign the Agreement, SOW, and EULA within thirty (30) days of notification will result in the winner’s forfeiture of the prize.
The prize may not be substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize must be fully redeemed (i.e. the project in which the software is installed and services provided must be completed) by May 11, 2018.
All applicable taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to manufacturers, industrial producers and OEMs in the following SIC codes: 2000-3999 and 4000-4999 with manufacturing facilities in the Territory. Existing customers of InSource Solutions or Wonderware are eligible to enter and win.
4. RELEASE: By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to release and hold InSource Solutions, Inc., and each of its directors, employees and agents, harmless from any liability, loss or damage incurred from participating in this Contest, or the use, misuse or acceptance of prize.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Contest Parties to use winner’s name, photograph or likeness, case study, and implementation experience for purposes of advertising and promotion of the event or otherwise without further compensation, except where prohibited. This may include, without limitation, marketing the project deployment and result in future marketing campaigns in any and all available media (including, without limitation film and electronic).
5. GENERAL: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest should a virus, bugs, malicious tampering or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration of proper play of the game.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify anyone found to be: 1) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website hosting the Contest, 2) acting in violation of these Official Rules, or 3) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage the website where online entries are received or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is in violation of criminal and civil laws. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant or individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Virginia, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Chesterfield County, Virginia.
Sponsor shall not be liable to winner or any person claiming through winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
6. WINNER LIST: To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Extreme Factory Makeover, InSource Solutions, Inc. 11321 Business Center Dr., Richmond, VA 23236 by November 30, 2017.
8. SPONSOR: InSource Solutions, Inc., 11321 Business Center Dr., Richmond, VA 23236.