Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Becoming a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt means you have mastered the Six Sigma methodology which is a disciplined, data driven approach for eliminating defects in any process.
Green Belt training offers the skill to collect data, understand data collection and analysis, root cause analysis, and wastes and variation in a process. Basic tools in Lean Six Sigma drives waste out of the process and reduces process variation. More importantly, this training enables the individual to become data/metric oriented, root cause analysis driven, and team oriented. This will help them become more effective in working on, leading, and supporting Lean Six Sigma project objectives linked to the business’ profit and strategic objectives.
Attendees learn to apply lean tools to reduce and eliminate wastes, and the DMAIC methodology to reduce process variations and defects to achieve quantifiable bottom line business improvement. Typically Green Belt projects spin off at least 25k$ to 50k$ in cost savings in process improvement. Those choosing to receive Green Belt certification, will also receive project coaching specific to a process improvement project that you bring to the course; one-on-one project review and coaching by the Master Black Belt.
Anyone involved in continuous improvement activities, including manufacturing engineers, process engineers, manufacturing managers, and continuous improvement managers. Traditionally Lean Six Sigma tools have been used in manufacturing, however these tools are used to improve any transactional, service, or healthcare process.
- Attendees are required to bring a laptop with Minitab (v.16 or higher) loaded. If you do not have Minitab, a one year license (with the companion Quality Trainer) is available for purchase at a significant discount.
- Participants must be comfortable working with a laptop and manipulating data.
9 days total held in three-day increments over three months. Certification candidates have six months from the completion of the classroom training to submit their project for final review.
Starting at $5,500 per student
- Reduce defects
- Reduce costs
- Decrease cycle time
- Increase capacity and productivity
- Improve quality
- Increase profits
- Define – Six Sigma Intro & Fundamentals; Selecting Projects; Scoping Projects (High Level Process Maps SIPOC); Projects Mandates (Building your Business Case); Building Your Project Team
- Measure – Process Mapping; Root Cause Analysis (Fishbone Diagrams, Tree Diagrams etc.); FMEAs; Data Collection (Sampling Strategies, Sample Size, Data Collection Sheets); Static Statistics; Graphical Tools (Paretos, Histograms, Box Plots etc.); Dynamic Statistics; Process Capability (Cp, Cpk, Pp, Ppk); Measurement System Analysis (Gage R&R)
- Analyze – Multi-Vari Analysis; Inferential Statistics; Hypothesis Testing Normal Data (Z-, T- & F-tests, ANOVAs); Hypothesis Testing Non-Normal Data (1-Sample Sign, 1-Sample Wilcoxon, Moods Median, Proportions Test); Hypothesis Testing Discrete Data (Goodness of Fit, Chi-Square Contingency Tables)
- Improve – Lean Tools (5S, Cellular Design, Plant Layout, POUS, and Kanbans etc.); Correlation; Simple and Multiple Regression; Design of Experiments (Full Factorials)
- Control – Human Side Change; Dealing with Resistance; Improved Process Capability Analysis; Poka-Yoke; Risk Analysis; Statistical Process Control (SPC); Six Sigma Control Plans
- Three (3) Days: Introduction to Lean Six Sigma, Define, and Measure.
- Three (3) Days: Project Review and Presentations, Analyze.
- Four (4) Days: Project Review and Presentations, Improve, Control, Course Review and Exam.
Students who seek Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification must attend all classroom sessions; implement an improvement project to the satisfaction of the project champion and the Master Black Belt trainer; satisfactorily complete a written exam, which will be given after the last week of training; and write a project report within 6 months of the conclusion of training. Certification includes Master Black Belt instructor project coaching support and feedback as well as written exam fees.